|My finished x-stitch blackberries|
I was a very lucky gal and was given at least 75 issues of the Discovering NeedleCraft magazine series from 1993
....... for free!!!!!!!
Each issue has a kit to do so I have decided I am going to do every single one, and so the other day I had a lucky dip and pulled out issue 4.
The kit was for a cross-stitch jam pot cover with wild blackberries on 27-count evenweave fabric.
It took me an evening to do and looks very lovely but I didn't have a jam jar wide enough for it to go on.
I'll have to look for a jar wide enough at the supermarket with something yummy in it.
|The kit came from this magazine.|
So I have started on my next kit which is from issue 2, which is a baby's wall hanging.
I'm doing each kit regardless of what it is.
Since the kits are so old, some of the needles have gone rusty which isn't very nice when the needles are kept in the fabric. I like it when the needles are in their own wrapper.
But never mind, I can live with a rust mark .....especially when these are free.